Welcome, Duff Families, Friends, and Community!
欢迎 Duff 的家人、朋友、和社区！
¡Bienvenidos Familias, Amigos y Comunidad de Duff!
Welcome to Duff Language Magnet Academy, Home of the Dragons. I am honored to introduce myself as the proud principal of our school and we are excited to begin the 2023-2024 school year. We have an entire crew of office staff, kindergarten to 5th grade teachers, classroom instructional aids, intervention teacher, Spanish enrichment teacher, noon supervisors, custodians, and Woodcraft Rangers after school to greet and help you!
I look forward to working with our school and community to develop a strong foundation in bilingualism and biliteracy in Mandarin and English, uplifting student agency while helping them develop social and emotional well-being. The entire staff at Duff is committed to caring for your children each and every day while providing them with an exceptional learning environment. We strive for professional growth through the refinement of instructional practices, enhancing school culture, and implementing innovative ways to engage all students.
As parents and partners, I invite you to support your children’s educational experience at Duff Language Magnet Academy. Here are some things you can do at home:
- Ensure your child attends school daily and arrives on time, ready to learn.
- Support classwork and homework expectations.
- Teach and practice organizational skills.
- Read at least 20 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
- Ask your child about their school experiences.
- Create a structure and routine at home for healthy child development eg. guided access to screen time, a consistent bedtime routine, etc.
Please know that our doors are always open. I wholeheartedly welcome conversation and positive input throughout this year. Our students the primary focus of our work and I look forward to celebrating our collective successes during the school year. See you at the next Tea with the Principal or PTO meeting!
Dr. Valerie Sun